Welcome to Digital Deluxe Editions - a new way to buy digital movies packed with hours of extra content to delve deeper in to the stories that made them.
#2: DEEP RED
From Dario Argento, maestro of the macabre and the man behind some the greatest excursions in Italian horror (Suspiria, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage), comes Deep Red - arguably the ultimate giallo movie. And with the Digital Deluxe Edition you can go even deeper into the red with hours of interviews and documentaries to learn more about one of the all time giallo classics.
One night, musician Marcus Daly (David Hemmings, Blow Up), looking up from the street below, witnesses the brutal axe murder of a woman in her apartment. Racing to the scene, Marcus just manages to miss the perpetrator... or does he? As he takes on the role of amateur sleuth, Marcus finds himself ensnared in a bizarre web of murder and mystery where nothing is what it seems... Aided by a throbbing score from regular Argento-collaborators Goblin, Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso and The Hatchet Murders) is a hallucinatory fever dream of a giallo punctuated by some of the most astonishing set-pieces the sub-genre has to offer.
The Digital Deluxe Edition has hours of bonus content including:
- The International Export cut. English audio only and slightly shorter than the original release.
- Deep Red "Hybrid Version". The English audio track on this original cut has some portions of English audio missing. English audio for these sections was either never recorded or has been lost. As such, these sequences are presented with Italian audio, subtitled in English to offer a complete version of the film from a narrative point of view.
- Audio Commentary Version with Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Profondo Giallo – a brand new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie featuring an in-depth appreciation of Deep Red, its themes and its legacy
- Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento’s Deep Genius – the Deep Red director on the creation of a giallo masterpiece
- The Lady in Red – Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
- Music to Murder For! - Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
- Profondo Rosso: From Celluloid to Shop – a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
- Original trailer
*The English audio track on this original cut has some portions of English audio missing. English audio for these sections was either never recorded or has been lost. As such, these sequences are presented with Italian audio, subtitled in English